JAY DAY!! Part of the Hudson River Valley Ramble – Here’s our final schedule of activities and more!!!! It’s Family Centric and Phenomenal!!
AT THE 1838 JAY MANSION!
• 12:00pm & 1:00pm A Cappella Sets with the The Yale Spizzwinks(?)
• 11:00am – 3pm Get an Exquisite Keepsake Portrait of your child with Varin Acevado of Sweet-Silhouette by Varin in the 1870 Dining Room – One of a Kind Hand-Cut profiles (Only children 10 and under please) Portrait with matting is FREE – framing additional fee
• Amazing Balloon Twisters – Revolutionary War swords & Butterfly wings are their specialties!
• Pony Rides by Pied Piper Pony Rides and Petting Zoos – Ride 1 of 3 ponies under the shade of John Jay’s horse chestnut tree
• John Jay Stilt walker & Juggler Super Photo Op for the whole family!
• Old Fashioned Cornhole and Ring Toss in the Jay Meadow
• Guided Tours, Scavenger Hunts & Geocaching – Why is John Jay 1 of THE 7 Founding Fathers? Who was Caesar Valentine? Where did citizens of Rye celebrate the end of the American Revolution? Find our secret geocache spot and win a limited-edition Alexander Hamilton doll!
• Capture the magic of the day and purchase an instant family portrait by Kim Crichlow Photography ($8 additional fee)• Watch a Documentary See the PBS Special 10 Streets That Changed America in the 1907 Library
• Meet Ashwood Restoration’s Bruce MacDonald – See photos of his latest preservation project – uncovering the original stall doors of the 1907 Zebra Barn.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
LUNCH IN THE MEADOW
Start with FREE Samples of REED’S Ginger Brews and Virgil’s Zero Sugar Natural Sodas! Drink Reed’s Drink Virgil’s Try Black Cherry Cream Soda or Ginger Beer!
(Please recycle your bottle in one of the yellow bins)
Spread a picnic blanket out in the meadow or take a seat at one of our veranda café tables. Savor delicious bites and cold drinks from
• Melt Mobile (the most delicious cheese sandwiches anywhere!),
• Scarborough Fair Catering / SF Express (Brats and Hot Dogs),
• Waffle Box (gotta try fried chicken in a cone!) and
• BurgerTruck NY (traditional and satisfying!)
WALK “JAY WAY”
• Archaeology with Eugene Boesch – Hold artifacts in your hand from 4000-year-old projectile points to an 18th century slate pencil used by one of Rye’s earliest students
• Purchase unique gifts for friends or your home including Maps and Prints from Circle 7 Framing, pottery from MADE: my art + design experience and water colors from Nicole Pereira
• Learn About Invasive Species and Energy Conservation at the Con Edison booth– pick up your free sunglasses and comic book!
• Savor old fashioned farm to table flavors from Starlight Dairy for kids and Diner Brew Co. for adults
ART, READING & MUSIC AT THE 1907 CARRIAGE HOUSE!
FOLLOW THE DRAGON CLAWPRINTS!
• Goblet Decorating & Sword Making with Scholastic Dragon Masters Creator & Author Tracey West of our very own #HudsonValley
• 2:00 pm Author Reading & Signing of “Shine of the Silver Dragon” (Book #11 available for purchase for $5)
• Create a Cabinet of Curiosities with Artists from One River School
• Music with Bach to Rock Mamaroneck – Try out the drums or an electric guitar plus early childhood demonstrations at 12:30pm and 1:30pm
• The Bubble Bus Shake your sillies out under a shower of iridescent bubbles!
• Paint a Pot and Plant Pansies for your Windowsill Garden
• 2 Talented Face painters – Don’t be shy! Ask for sparkles or a tiger face!
DESSERT AT THE 1907 CARRIAGE HOUSE
• Enjoy Sweet Treats from ABC Cakes and Jimmy’s Soft Serve
Immense thanks to our Jay Day Chair, Tracy Edwards, and her Committee: Betsy White, Caroline Wallach, Annmarie Zell, Kelly Bakshi, Megan Monaghan and Liz Garrett; to John Bello and Lindsay Martin Bello and Reed’s Inc. for donating beverages; to Con Edison for donating sunglasses and comic books, our volunteers especially Jeff deToro and the Rye Neck Boy Scouts and Donna Providenti and the Milton Girl Scouts. Thank you to Tracey Stora for rebranding our design! We couldn’t do it without Bruce MacDonald, Eugene Boesch, Richie Castellano and all of Rye DPW, our very own JHC Staff and all of the families who support us!
Learn more about what we do and how you can help at www.jayheritagecenter.org