September 22 from 11am to 3PM
Part of the Hudson River Valley Ramble
List of Activities and Vendors in Formation
ACTIVITIES AT THE 1838 JAY MANSION & MEADOW
• Help us create an Ideal Exhibition in the Jay Meadow with renowned best selling Author and Artist Hervé Tullet
• Listen to Two A Cappella Sets with the The Yale Spizzwinks(?)
• Get an Exquisite Keepsake Portrait of your child with Varin Acevado of Sweet-Silhouette by Varin in the 1870 Dining Room – One of a Kind Hand-Cut profiles (Only children 10 and under please) Portrait with matting is FREE – framing additional fee
• 3 Amazing Balloon Twisters – Revolutionary War swords & Butterfly wings are their specialties!
• Pony Rides by Pied Piper Pony Rides and Petting Zoos – Ride ponies under the shade of John Jay’s horse chestnut tree
• John Jay Stilt walker & Juggler Super Photo Op for the whole family!
• Old Fashioned Cornhole and Ring Toss on the Mansion lawn
• Guided Tours, Scavenger Hunts & Geocaching – Why is John Jay 1 of THE 7 Founding Fathers? Who was Caesar Valentine? Where did citizens of Rye celebrate the end of the American Revolution? Find our secret geocache spot and win a prize!
• Meet Ashwood Restoration’s Bruce MacDonald and learn about his latest restoration project
FOOD & BEVERAGE
LUNCH ON THE FRONT LAWN & ON THE VERANDA
Start with FREE Samples of REED’S Ginger Brews and Virgil’s Zero Sugar Natural Sodas! Drink Reed’s Drink Virgil’s Try Black Cherry Cream Soda or Ginger Beer! (Please recycle your bottle in one of the yellow bins)
Spread a picnic blanket out in the meadow or take a seat at one of our veranda café tables. Savor delicious bites and cold drinks from
• Melt Mobile (the most delicious cheese sandwiches anywhere!),
• Scarborough Fair Catering / SF Express (Brats and Hot Dogs),
• Road Grub – Philly cheesesteaks, grilled hand-pack juicy burgers, baked Mac & cheese and more!
• Mobile Pie Pizza – delicious wood fired pizzas made to order
• Enjoy Sweet Treats from Jimmy’s Soft Serve
WALK “JAY WAY”
• Archaeology with Dr. Eugene Boesch – Hold artifacts in your hand from 4000-year-old projectile points to an 18th century slate pencil used by one of Rye’s earliest students
• Peruse exquisite canvases from local artist Holly Meeker Rom
• Shop a selection of adorably, charming dresses for girls from My Twirl
• Learn the latest about food scrapping at the Rye Sustainability Committee table
• Create a treasure with the artists of MADE Studio (My Art and Design Experience)
• Purchase unique gifts for friends or your home including local maps and prints from Circle 7 Framing,
• Buy whimsical watercolor animal notecards from Nicole Pereira
• Confection for the tastebuds and the eyes – don’t miss the beautifully decorated art of Steph’s Sweets Cookies
• Try cupcakes, cake pops and baked goods from ABC Cakes
• Savor old fashioned farm to table flavors from Starlight Dairy for kids
• Make time for fitness and talk to the pros at Club Pilates
• Savor the scents of artisanal soaps made with lilac or sandalwood by Phoenicia Soaps
CRAFTS & MUSIC AT THE CARRIAGE HOUSE
• Create a Cabinet of Curiosities with Artists from One River School
• Music with Bach to Rock Mamaroneck – Try out the drums or an electric guitar plus early childhood demonstrations
• Create your very own miniature Greenhouse to take home!
• 3 Talented Face painters – Don’t be shy! Ask for sparkles or a tiger face!
Immense thanks to our Jay Day Chair, Tracy Edwards, and her Committee: Betsy White, Caroline Wallach, Annmarie Zell, Kelly Bakshi, Megan Monaghan, Liz Garrett and Lucy Berkoff; to John Bello and Lindsay Martin Bello and Reed’s Inc. for donating beverages; to Con Edison; our volunteers especially Jeff deToro. Thank you to Tracey Stora for our design! We couldn’t do it without Bruce MacDonald, Eugene Boesch, Richie Castellano and all of Rye DPW, our very own JHC Staff and all of the families who support us!
Learn more about what we do and how you can help at www.jayheritagecenter.org