JAY DAY 2022
October 1 from noon to 4PM
Part of the Hudson River Valley Ramble
List of Activities and Vendors in Formation
We’re thrilled to announce that our Fall Family Festival is back–the first Jay Day in three years! It will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2022, from noon to 4pm.
• Three amazing balloon twisters – Revolutionary War swords and butterfly wings are their specialties!
• Hay ride and petting zoo from Bronx Equestrian!
• John Jay stilt walker & juggler — super photo op for the whole family!
• Get an exquisite keepsake portrait of your child with Varin Acevado of Sweet-Silhouette by Varin! These are one-of-a-kind profiles. Only children 10 and under please. Portrait with matting is FREE – framing additional fee.
• Old-fashioned cornhole and ring toss on the Mansion lawn
• Guided tours, scavenger hunts, and geocaching – Why is John Jay one of the seven Founding Fathers? Who was Caesar Valentine? Where did citizens of Rye celebrate the end of the American Revolution? Find our secret geocache spot and win a prize!
• Ice cream from Jimmy’s Soft Serve – stay tuned for a full list of food trucks!
• Archaeology with Dr. Eugene Boesch – Hold artifacts in your hand from 4000-year-old projectile points to an 18th century slate pencil used by one of Rye’s earliest students – stay tuned for a list of additional Jay Way vendors!
• Guided tours of the Historic Jay Gardens
• Flower-pounding with Fiona
Learn more about what we do and how you can help at www.jayheritagecenter.org